|Job Ref No.:||1035|
|Job Title:||Logistics 3PL Manager|
Purpose & Scope
This role is responsible for oversight, leadership & direction of our 3PL contractors specifically Warehouse and Shunting contractors.
Cost Management / Budget Adherence
Main point of contact between Operations and 3PL Management & Operations
o Internal – Supply Chain, Warehouse, Finance, Quality, Security, H&S
o External – 3PL contractors and operators, hauliers, suppliers
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, schedule expenditures, analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Forecast and management of space, labour and appropriate resources
• Lead operations in 3PL warehouse.
• Manage and control operational processes within the 3PL warehouse to ensure that business objectives are met
• Manage Shunting Operation to ensure smooth and efficient flows into and out of Wexford Factory
• Maintain statistical and financial records
• Responsible for achieving operational KPI’s within a safe and legal working framework.
• Actively support and promote change management and a continuous improvement culture.
• Utilise resources to deliver service improvements & cost optimisation through continuous improvements
• Liaise with Inbound Manager & Outbound Manager to ensure service providers are set up to support current and future business needs
• Ensure 3PL Warehouse adhere to Safety, Quality & Security protocols
• Promote responsibility and accountability within your area of responsibility.
• Attend monthly / quarterly meetings with 3PL Warehouse
• Drive and propose productivity projects to reach budget targets
Level 8 Degree Preferred
3rd level qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain
2-5 years post qualification experience with 3PL Contractors in Logistics environment
(D = Developing, P = Proficient, E = Expert)
Functional / Technical Description Level
General Excellent communication, written, numerical and verbal skills E
General Team Management Experience E
General Excellent organisation, problem solving and decision making skills E
General Ability to carry out analysis to develop action plans to improve service level performance E
General Ability to deliver consistent performance without detriment to health and Safety or Quality protocols E
Accountability Accountability means accepting full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organisational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to delivering on his/her duty and presenting oneself as a credible representative of the firm to maintain the clients’ trust and foster loyalty. E
Attention to Detail Attention to detail means that an individual can accomplish a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. He/she monitors and checks work or information and plans and organises time and resources efficiently. E
Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. E
Communication & Engagement Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the firm; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion. E
Quality Orientation Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. E
Team Work Able to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Works cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals. Treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanour; values the contributions of others. E