|Job Ref No.:||832|
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Experience Required||4 years or more experience, in Solid Works|
|Qualifications Required||Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client in Waterford for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The company is a Systems integration and services provider to the Global Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals Industries.
The person will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for engineering and equipment qualification and supporting new ways to improve single use process equipment design. Our goal is to provide our customers with quick and accurate service on the specialized systems they require. He or she will devise and execute technical challenges that feed and create ideas and designs which optimize the use of new technologies for best in class new products.
• Evaluate and optimize concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability of single use process Equipment.
• Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas.
• Through statistical techniques and engineering tools, determine design approaches and parameters and create feasibility studies on new designs.
• While understanding other functions capabilities, communicate with suppliers, advanced manufacturing engineering and product development to resolve issues and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency. Will ensure designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
• The Mechanical Design Engineer will support and contribute significantly in efforts to identify, determine product requirements, generate production drawings for valve parts and silicone liner assemblies and develop and manage full product design documentation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, with a minimum of 4 years or more experience, in SolidWorks.
• Experience in reading P+ID’s, Pharmaceutical Process Equipment and an understanding of Rubber / Plastic manufacturing Technique would be desirable.
• The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills. Have the ability to carry out detailed research and a desire to keep up with new developments.
• A creative approach when it comes to generating new ideas and adapt existing products to suit specific customer requirements.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas and sponsorship. It is therefore essential that all candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland.