|Job Ref No.:||819 ENG WD|
|Job Title:||AUTOMATION SYSTEMS/CONTROLS ENGINEER|
|Experience Required||3 - 5 Years relevant experience|
|Qualifications Required||Degree in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline|
The Automation Systems / Controls Engineer works with technical team members to maintain, repair, troubleshoot and develop systems architecture within allocated time-frames and cost constraints.
Key Responsibilities and End Results
• Provide PLC programming, Visions Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set-up, configurations, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault finding support.
• Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
• Be willing to travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
• Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
• Support manufacturing IT Systems architecture.
• Drive continuous improvement projects.
• Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with customers, contractors as required.
• Develop systems equipment maintenance procedures.
• Develop and deliver technical systems training.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
• Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
• Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position
Skills and Attributes
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
• Systematic troubleshooting skills.
• Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
• Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Programming experience: PLC, C++, SQL.
• Good data analysis skills.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, experience of MS Project, MS Access.
• CAD experience desirable
• Degree in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline.
• Experience of PLC programming essential and Vision Systems and SCADA systems installation highly desirable.
• 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
o High volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience in a regulated environment.
o An electrical background / qualification advantageous.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas, sponsorship. It is therefore essential that all candidates have full authority to work in Ireland.