|Job Ref No.:||798 QEM CW|
|Job Title:||Qualtiy Engineer/Quality Manager|
|Experience Required||2+ Years experience in Quality Management|
|Qualifications Required||Degree in Quality Management or Equivelant|
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading Sub-Contract CNC Machining and Toolmaking companies and is a supplier to highly regulated companies in the Medtech and Aerospace industries. The company has a proven competitive advantage in custom designed bespoke precision tooling, special purpose tooling and production of complex machined components.
They are seeking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer/Quality Manager to assist the managing director on a day to day basis with emphasis on quality control, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
This position requires leadership, strategic direction, and support in the areas of Quality Assurance, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement. Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Quality Engineer/Manager will inspire, guide and execute strategic initiatives that enable optimum quality, productivity, delivery and cost performance within the operations of the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Quality support to Engineering, Toolroom and Production Departments.
• Complete FAIRs and maintain FAIR records.
• Complete Cert of Conformance (CofC) Packs to company standards.
• Ensure that all parts/ materials, which require incoming inspection, conform to all requirements and applicable drawings and specifications.
• Participate in investigations and in problem solving activities within the QC Department.
• Create work instructions and SOP's where required.
• Write, maintain and verify CMM inspection programs.
• Ensure all gages/CMM are – Calibrated and maintained in compliant working order
• Maintain housekeeping of QC Laboratory to a high standard in line with 5S and Good Laboratory/Metrology Practice.
• Maintain all test data, and laboratory records in compliance with ISO requirements.
• Review of documentation and systems in line with ISO requirements.
• Participate in internal, customer and regulatory audits.
• Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities in the company.
• Document standards and specifications for quality processes and procedures.
• Promote quality concepts and principles throughout the organization by providing guidance and leadership for the development and administration of a Total Quality Management System.
• Manage and oversee the introduction, roll-out, maintenance and continuous improvement of all quality standards within the organisation.
• Work in close liaison with the Manufacturing Manager to develop, implement and maintain Lean manufacturing processes in the company’s operations.
• Plan and assist in the execution of various Lean events targeted toward improving the business performance in all areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Constantly strive to eliminate waste and improve customer satisfaction via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Design, implement and institutionalize “best practice” quick change procedures and processes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• A degree-level qualification in Quality Management or equivalent is a requirement.
• 2 years+ hands on experience in Quality Management is a requirement.
• Any further qualifications in Lean Management, Continuous Improvement or Quality Systems are an advantage.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing TQM, ISO, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
• Must understand engineering drawings; knowledge of CAD programme an advantage.
• Must have good computer skills and excellent documentation skills.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated competence to work and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and an ability to work on own initiative.
• Must possess good time management skills with the ability to close initiatives & actions on time.
• Undertake duties of a general nature as required.
• Proven demonstrated experience of working with Coordinate Measuring Machines an advantage
Job Purpose and Key Measurements of Performance
Yearly AS9100 Rev D Re-Certification
Continuous Improvement KPI’s (TBA)
Achievement of SC21 Silver supply chain performance standard within 1 year.
Core Competencies and Behaviours
Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Peer Relationships.
Deep and broad technical knowledge together with a passion for excellent customer service is essential
Priority Setting, Interpersonal Skills, Motivating Others, Problem Solving, Managing Diversity, Sizing up People, Composure, Management, Delegation, Developing Direct Reports, Listening, Influencing, Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, with willingness and ability to learn new systems.
Salary and Benefits
Base: (dependent on experience and suitability)
Pension Contributions From 6 Months
Annual performance and remuneration review
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unwilling to go down the route of work permits, visas and sponsorships. It is essential therefore that all candidates are fully authorised to work in Ireland