|Job Ref No.:||637|
|Job Title:||Mechanical Maintenance Technician|
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Role: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Mechanical Maintenance Lead Hand, the role will actively participate in the delivery of all mechanical maintenance processes to support safe and cost-effective plant reliability.
• Primary responsibility for personal safety, adherence to company safety standards and compliance with safety training.
• Provide mechanical support to company production units as directed.
• Carryout all planned maintenance routines & planned maintenance jobs as required to ensure reliability of plant equipment.
• Assist with planning of maintenance jobs to ensure efficient execution of planned maintenance utilizing the functionality of the CMMS system.
• Development of standard job procedures in CMMS for area of responsibility.
• Report all work through the CMMS
• Ensure all parts are booked out of stores in compliance with stores procedures.
• Identify any improvement initiatives to supervisor.
• Active participation in all safety training and tool box talks.
• Complete all tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
• Flexibility to work overtime as required ensuring targets are achieved.
• Participate in the ‘On Call Rota’ system.
Performance Indicators (KPI’s) – What does good performance in this role look like?
• Plant availability high, running efficiency > 95% and unplanned downtime at < 5%.
• Safety OSHA RIR (Recordable Incident Rate) < annual target.
• Works safely & complies with company safety standards & policies. Aware of potential risks & hazards to himself/herself & others.
• Consistent high standards of housekeeping with a clean as you go attitude.
• Jobs completed to a high standard of workmanship
• Work Orders completed in a timely manner, notifying supervisor of any time slippages or issues.
• All jobs recorded through CMMS
• Good fault-finding techniques.
• Communication & sharing of knowledge
• Proactive in approach to jobs and addressing plant issues.
Typical Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Leaving Certificate and Level 6 FETAC Mechanical Craft Cert or National Craft or City & Guilds Certificate in Mechanical maintenance.
• Time served mechanical maintenance technician with knowledge of heavy rotating plant.
• Minimum 4 years post apprenticeship experience in a mechanical maintenance role.
• Demonstrated experience/skills of having worked with the following:
- Conveyors (belt, chain, drag, roller, etc.)
- Fault finding methodology
- Lock out tag out, safe systems of work
- Basic electrical knowledge
• Understanding of PPM and the use of CMMS.
• Ability to work in a fast moving team based environment.
• Good communication skill & team player ability.
• Understanding of a continuous manufacturing environment and process led activities.
• High energy, self-motivated, enthusiastic and commitment to Best Practice.
• Ability to be flexible, to schedule and balance priorities with strong adherence to deadlines.
• PC Skills: Proficient in MS Office, navigate through windows 8 & 10, Microsoft Outlook, copy/paste/attach/edit documents.