|Job Ref No.:||632|
|Job Title:||Marketing and Communications Manager|
Marketing and Communications Manager
Gemma Hayes Recruitment in conjunction with our client, a high-volume production company, now seek to recruit a Marketing and Communications Manager.
Our clients are seeking to appoint a Marketing and Communications Manager to be responsible for driving customer and channel growth through effective planning, commercialisation and marketing programme development and execution across their markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to lead, manage & develop our clients’ portfolio primarily in maximising sales volumes and profitability across all existing customers plus identify ned categories in line with the strategic plans of the business. This role carries a high degree of autonomy and required a self-starter who will work with maximum initiative to ensure profitable business growth.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Marketing and Communications:
• Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan developed in conjunction with senior management and sales departments focusing on meeting organisational objectives and delivering sales targets.
• Develop, execute and maintain an online corporate and brand marketing strategy, incorporating interactive and social media where appropriate.
• Facilitate internal and external communications by ensuring frequent, timely and positive media coverage.
• Prepare and present professional presentations / proposals that meet the needs and objectives of individual projects. Develop and provide best practice templates to support marketing / sales / business development colleagues and to ensure a cohesive professional presentation of the organisation.
• Coordinate the appearance and manage the development of all the print, promotional materials (including contact with external agencies) and electronic materials such as use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Manage Marketing Budget, monitor and control activities.
• Co-ordinate participation in trade shows, conferences and key events to attract new clients and strategically grow the business.
• Manage designation and communication of existing brands ensuring cohesion in individual markets and with strategic customers.
• Develop brand strategy consistent with strategic objectives for both product and market.
• Develop annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales department. Communicate and implement detailed activities, which will focus on meeting organisational objectives and delivering sales targets.
• Work closely with key account managers to develop and execute appropriate category management activities.
Market / Category Knowledge:
• Be the channel and/or customer expert. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of market trends, consumer issues, trade customer requirements and competitor activities within the food/meat industry.
• Effectively interpret information to develop, present, and facilitate execution of strategic plans for key customers/ specific channels.
New Product / New Business Development:
• Use stage gate and other processes to identify, analyse and recommend new opportunities maintaining the critical balance between responding to customer needs, leveraging the key competencies and strategically growing the business.
• Build strong customer relationships and act as point of contact for all customer or channel specific marketing activities.
• Work closely with senior management on specific projects as required.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achievement in Marketing /Category management and brand development with strong leadership & communication skills. The following specific criteria should be considered in presenting your application.
• A minimum of three years marketing and communications experience, ideally within the FMCG industry.
• Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives.
• Strong track record in Category & Brand management and an ability to demonstrate the commercial acumen to work and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Be a highly skilled written and oral communicator with strong editorial and copy writing skills, demonstrating successful experience writing marketing material and press releases.
• Excellent Presentation Skills; effective in a variety of formal presentation settings such as one-on-one, small and large groups, both internal and external.
• Highly organised with proven project management skills.
• Customer Focused; dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
• Team oriented – ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and across different markets.
• Demonstrate an energetic, self-motivated and flexible approach in all matters.
• Honesty, integrity and openness.
• Willingness to travel consistent with demands of the role.