|Job Ref No.:||630|
|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)|
Maintenance Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)
Gemma Hayes Recruitment in conjunction with our client, a high-volume production company, now seek to recruit a Maintenance Technician (Electrical & Mechanical)
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician will work as part of the maintenance team in conjunction with the Production and Operations. They will perform installation, repair and troubleshooting work with electrical and mechanical systems/equipment in all areas of the factory including plant equipment and refrigeration.
• Observe all on site and legislative rules and regulation in terms of Health & Safety, food safety and environmental.
• Ensure all maintenance is carried out under GMP conditions.
• Carry out electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
• Complete electrical and mechanical repairs to food processing, handling and packaging equipment.
• Technical support for plant facilities and services including compresses air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant.
• Carry out and record planned maintenance routines.
• Carry out and record planned preventative maintenance.
• Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required.
• Trade qualified electrician
• A number of years hands-on previous experience with both Electrical and Mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment, ideally with some meat/food experience
• Strong trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
• Used to working in a fast-paced high-volume environment
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Ability to work on own initiative