|Job Ref No.:||629|
|Job Title:||Compliance Auditor|
Job Title: Compliance Auditor
Reporting to: Compliance Audit Team Leader
Please note that there are currently two positions available with our client for Compliance Auditor, one is for a maternity contract placement while the other is a permanent position.
Purpose of the Position
To assess compliance against defined corporate and customer policies, Quality, Health &
Safety and Environmental Standards and product specifications through independent audit.
Provide guidance and support to facilitate the implementation and on-going maintenance of
Quality / Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programs (HACCP) procedures and product specifications.
Promote a high standard of awareness and understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications.
1. Carry out audits of the Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental
Management Systems to verify compliance against defined standards and codes of practice.
Perform internal audits in accordance with the internal audit programme and work with the Quality Team, Production Stream and other functional areas to ensure issues identified are resolved and closed out
2. Perform factory based Quality audits to verify compliance against defined standards, codes of practice and product specifications.
Audits will include – this list is not exhaustive:
• Hygiene Audits to include swab verification
• HACCP / QC Verification
• GMP audits
• Traceability Audits
3. Facilitate the resolution and close out of issues / incidents which have been identified as part of audit or process monitoring activities.
Key activities include:
• Collation and reporting of NCs to VS or relevant person
• Working with other site functional areas to ensure issues are investigated and corrective actions agreed and implemented.
• Close out of NC’s upon receipt of verified Corrective action.
• Manage disposition / "hold" status of out of spec or rejected material
4. Continuous Improvement
Continuously improve standards set and performance against those standards by participating in 8 Step Practical Problem Solving and other appropriate KPS methodologies with the Production Stream.
5. Facilitate the implementation of Quality Standards by ensuring the necessary support is made available to the Production Stream and other functional areas.
Provide training, support and guidance to the Production Streams to ensure standards are fully understood thereby enabling effective implementation.
• Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
• Fluency of English language
• Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
• Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject, desirable
• Food manufacturing experience, desirable
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
• Understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of the BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards as they apply.
• Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
• Knowledge of H&S Policies and Procedures
• Knowledge of Environmental Management systems eg. ISO 14001
• Ability to solve problems using 8 Step Practical Problem Solving.
• Strong self-discipline and a structured approach to improvements
• The ability to identify and actively plan improvements.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
• Thoughtful team member who lives the core values of the company , KPS, respect and Teamwork
• Effective communicator
• Able to work cross functionally
• Able to meet deadlines
• Good relationship building