|Job Ref No.:||624|
|Job Title:||Global IT/IS/ERP Specialist|
Global IT/IS Specialist
Our client, a successful component Manufacturer, in conjunction with Gemma Hayes Recruitment, now seek to recruit a Global IT/IS Specialist based in Waterford.
Please note this position is located in Waterford but requires international travelling and the possibility of working outside normal office hours due to different time zones.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Act as support IT contact for all industrial functions including Operations, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Quality & Engineering - responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all IT related functions: application support, infrastructure support, and service delivery
• Participate in new projects, project enhancements, application New ERP system with 3rd parties and local teams.
• Ensure Servers, Desktops and Laptops are up to date with security patches, antivirus and software versions
• Ensure Security on all devices including Firewalls, WIFI, LAN, WAN are up to date
• Support all aspects of Hardware including PLC’s, VPN
• Continuous Improvement in all Industrial areas of responsibility which will drive and enhance systems, automation, ways of workings and productivity
• Support hardware including, Scanners, Laser printers, Label printers, touchscreens, networking,
• Ensure Compliance with IT security for all applications and systems
• Develop training, support and deliverance of SOP’s
• Drive correct usage, maintenance and development of all Industrial IT systems
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or another Technical discipline
• 2 years+ relevant experience in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment with demonstrable and transferable skills
• 2 years+ related Industrial IT work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Industrial Manufacturing Systems & ERP knowledge
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
• Proficient numerical ability to record interpret and analyse key process data
• Candidate’s must be fluent in Google G-Suite, VPN, Office apps etc.
• Experience with ERP, CAD & PDM Systems would be very beneficial.
• Excellent communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels
• A proven ‘doer’ who acts with speed, agility and pragmatism to deliver results
• Strong, logical and clear-thinking individual who can resolve issues on their feet, decisive personality
• Embodies ‘safety first culture’ with full and thorough commitment to the highest of safety standards
• Strong support for high quality and hygiene standards
• The maturity and professionalism to deal with all levels of the organisation in a factual and cordial manner
• Strong ethical character required
• Flexibility and adaptability in changing environments
• A team player who can galvanise support for achieving key objectives
• Capable of taking the lead in change and seeking out improvements
• Mature and stable personality who can manage stressful and challenging environments
• Logical and methodical approach to work practices and processes with the ability to meticulously plan processes