|Job Ref No.:||593|
|Job Title:||Facilities Engineer|
Facilities Engineer - Waterford
Title: Facilities Engineer
Reports to: Operations Technical Manager
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
• 3+ years’ experience in facilities or related role essential.
• Experience of working in a medical device/pharmaceutical environment advantageous.
Responsibilities of Position:
• Co-ordinate maintenance of the factory building and its surrounding premises, production plant service including preventive maintenance and upgrading of facility equipment and electrical services.
• Negotiate annual service contracts for all plant items and support systems.
• Act as the point of contact for vendors and sales representatives for the Facilities Department.
• Responsible for in-house cleaning service and grounds maintenance, including management of records.
• Implementation and maintenance of site environmental compliance programs in conjunction with EHS dept.
• Monitoring and maintenance of cleanrooms and associated building management systems.
• Plan and ensure monthly budget accuracy.
• Plan, co-ordinate and ensure all facilities works are compliant with required specifications, regulatory requirement, quality of work and safety standards.
• Support and assist the Operations Technical Manager with day to day activities.
• Assist in the preparation of department forecasts.
• Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of facilities operations in terms of cost, performance and efficiency.
• Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
• In-depth knowledge of plant systems, preferably in medical device/pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience of working with a preventative maintenance system.
• Systematic troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
• Ability to provide innovation solutions to complex technical problems.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work well on own initiative.
• High level of safe working practices and awareness.
• Experience of compressed air, air handling, fire prevention, building management and industrial water systems essential.
• Experience of hydraulic and electrical systems, and high-volume automation highly desirable.